Are you working on a digital modeling project for a building?
STH puts at your disposal a library of BIM objects, compatible with the software Autodesk Revit:
- Data files in RFA format
- 3D images
What is BIM?
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is a methodology that can digitally create design simulations, managing in a coordinated way all the information involved in an architectural project. BIM has done more with information management than just modeling.
While CAD allows 2D or 3D design without distinguishing its components, this data system integrates 4D (time) and 5D (cost), allowing intelligent information management throughout the life cycle of a project, automation of programming processes, conceptual design, detailed design, analysis, documentation, construction, logistics, operation and maintenance, renovation and/or demolition.
The advantages of BIM over the traditional working method are obvious, some of them are:
- BIM platforms automatically update the information processed in any part of the model.
- As all agents work on a single model, there is no possibility of losing information due to a lack of coordination between versions.
- By introducing this method of parallel work, all agents can increase from the beginning the options they find most convenient for the project.
- BIM allows the possession of any information required at any time, both design and technical, costs, execution times, maintenance, etc.
- Facility management tasks are made much more efficient by having all the actual asset information on demand.
The optimization of the whole process of construction and management of assets is achieved throughout the life cycle, which becomes infinitely more efficient and whose costs and execution times are significantly reduced.